Nuru equips local leaders with tools and knowledge to lead their communities out of extreme poverty by integrating impact programs that address the most prevalent and fundamental challenges of extreme poverty around four areas of need: Hunger Inability to Cope with Financial Shocks Preventable Disease and Death Lack of Access to Quality
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 1 – 2 years
- Location Adamawa
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Job Description Training Assistant
Job Title: Training Assistant
Location: Michika Field Office Adamawa State
Reports To: Leadership & Training Manager
Start Date: April, 2020
Slots Required: Two (2)
Period: One year contract with possible renewal
Take the responsibility to implement Nuru Nigeria innovative Leadership Program in Nigeria by providing training, development, and capacity-building for staff, farmer organization members, and other community stakeholders. Lead all of Nuru trainings and ensuring that training content aligns with Nuru Nigeria’s participatory approach. Facilitate trainings on leadership, management, farmer organization management and training best practices for Nigeria staff, farmer organizations’ members and relevant government stakeholders. Ensure that training focuses on both leadership and technical focused content.
Under the supervision of the Leadership Training Officers who finally reports to the Leadership Program Manager (PM), the Training Assistant (TA) will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
Training and Facilitation
- Provide support and facilitate various capacity-development trainings for staff and farmer association members.
- Support in facilitating trainings, workshops, and community discussions using participatory and interactive methodology to ensure active participant engagement.
- Conduct TOT sessions for Lead Farmers and work closely with field officers to improve their facilitation skills.
- Support to ensure that training logistics are prepared and available before the start of training and all through the workshop sessions.
- Assist and work closely with Training Officers to execute training sessions for farmer association and any community engagement.
- Assist Training Officer in conducting pre and post assessments, complete feedback forms, enter data, and take notes during debriefs on training outcomes.
- Adapt training facilitation techniques to improve training effectiveness.
- Conduct observations of training sessions for providing further assistance and support.
- Ensure that lesson plans align with basic principles of adult learning best practices.
- Support implementation of leadership program activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Agric-Education, Agric Extension, Community Development, Social Science and other related fields.
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in low-literate capacity-building, rural community development and leadership.
- Proven track record of effective and successful facilitation.
- Demonstrated ability, experience and conviction to operate in both office and field setting, and desire to work in remote, rural setting.
- Experience with capacity building and training for farmers, rural livelihood participants, and farmer organization members.
- Experience training adult learners.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and demonstrated experience with strategic planning.
- Fluency in English and Hausa languages is a must.
- Experience working with gender mainstreaming, designing gender sensitive
trainings and workshop discussions for community members.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Internet, Google Applications, etc.); familiarity and comfort using basic mobile technology
- Commitment to Client’s vision and servant leadership values anchored on the
conviction of selfless service, forthrightness and down-to-earth.
- Basic understanding of servant leadership principles and willingness to grow in this area.
- Initiative and ability to prioritize, multitask, and carry out responsibilities independently in the absence of a supervisor and/or without close supervision.
- Certificates in participatory ToT, leadership, rural adult education or other training
- credentials are an asset.
- Experience training in the specific areas of leadership, cooperatives, rural livelihoods, agriculture, social services, and/or behavior change is an asset.
- Knowledge and experience of cultural, gender, and economic dynamics of northeast Nigeria is an asset.
- Fluency in local dialects of Kamwe and/or Margi is desired.
Nuru Nigeria offers:
- Competitive salary
- Work in a dynamic and motivated team
- Training and capacity building program and intensive mentorship by expat team
- Positive atmosphere of dynamism and motivated team setting.
- Atmosphere of a forefront professional and flexible NGO with a unique new development approach.
- Annual, Maternity and Paternity leave benefits.
- Transport costs and communication allowance.
- 13th Month Salary
- Training and capacity building program and intensive mentorship by expat team.
- Life Insurance covering accident, disability and related benefits
- Health Insurance covering employee and family.
- Pension benefits.
- Atmosphere of diversity committed to providing equal employment opportunity, forbidding discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age and disability, with respect to policies and visions.
- Other Labor best practices apply.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following their Cover Letter and Resume/CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference the Job Title and Location on the subject line.
Female andidates are encouraged to apply
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.